To install the templates follow the instructions below:
• Download the “Tower CILdisk” from the downloads section on the Tower website.
• Open “Windows Explorer”, find the saved file on your “C” drive and double click on it to Unzip to “C:Temp”
• Once it is unzipped, in Explorer, open the “Temp” folder in click on the CILdisk icon (Black TOWER logo next to it) and follow the instructions on your screen.
• For further support call the Consumer Helpline, toll-free 0800 220 488.
1. Before you print onto a sheet of labels, first print onto a blank A4 page of paper. Place the printed sheet in front of a label sheet, then hold the sheets up to a light to make sure the positioning is correct.
2. TOWER inkjet products feed directly from the paper tray of your inkjet printer, just like plain paper.
3. Fan the label sheets before loading them into the paper tray. DO NOT BEND THE CORNERS.
4. Refer to your printer manual for loading and feeding recommendations. Many printers have special instructions for loading labels.
5. For easier feeding in most printers, place the label sheets in the paper tray on top of 25 sheets of plain paper.
6. Adjust the paper width lever so that it barely touches the edge of the label stack and the labels do not buckle.
7. Printer margins may vary, and in some cases the bottom label may print below the bottom margin of your page. If this happens, use the ‘Printer Callibration’ option in the ‘File’ menu to help you get the best results from your printer ; for instructions, see your user’s guide.
8. If you are not satisfied with the print quality from your printer, check the following Print mode settings – Choose Draft/Economy for fast test prints, Normal/Productivity for everyday use, and Best/Photo for highest-quality results.
9. Because extreme temperatures and humidity can affect print quality, we recommend printing in temperatures around 23
What does a printer driver do?
A printer driver interprets the signals sent through the cable that connects your printer to your computer. For example, your computer will not know if your printer can print envelopes unless your printer driver is set up correctly on your computer. The driver tells your computer which printer model you have and what your printer is capable of doing. Your printer driver must match your printer model and your operating system (for example, Windows 2000)
Printer drivers are often updated to fix problems in previous versions and also include new technology that was not available when the original driver was created. You can download a driver update from the relevant printer manufacturer website that is specific to your printer model and operating system. Once downloaded, use the update to replace your current printer driver.
• Store label material in its original bag and box in a cool, dry environment and in horizontal position
• Shelf life can vary greatly depending on environmental conditions (heat, humidity etc.) but usually 2-3 years. However, if one defines ‘shelf life’ in terms of ‘life span’ inkjet-laser labels have a life span of 10-15 years depending on storage conditions.
• Avoid folding and excessive handling of the media to protect the material from damage.
• It is recommended to introduce a plain paper sheet between the printed samples to avoid damages produced by friction between the backside and the print side.